Laying the Foundation for Success
West Side Christian School offers 1/2 day Young 5's, with curriculum designed to lay the foundation for successful school years ahead.
Classes meet Monday - Friday from 12:30 - 3:10pm. Busing is available.
Young 5 students attend all-school chapels and take turns leading it as a classroom. We have daily devotions and weekly prayer requests. Drama and song bring Bible stories alive and help children learn Scripture.
Outdoor Education & Stewardship
- Stewarding God's creation through a partnership with Blandford Nature Center
- Regular learning walks in our onsite Brian Dyk Memorial Nature Preserver
- Outdoor observations used to teach shapes, pattern recognition and counting. Early literacy development reinforced through outdoor learning opportunities. Participate in school-wide Terracycle program to learn to care for Gods World.
- Loving others as Jesus loves us is taught, reinforced and modeled daily
- Respecting and serving others through cooperative small and large group activities
- Serving our local and global community through school-wide service projects.
- Creation Playstation encourages gross motor skill development.
- Weekly Drawing Children Into Reading curriculum hones fine motor and literacy development
- Full specials Schedule - Art, Music, PE, Spanish, Library
- Student questions form basis of science experiments
- Part time program prepares students for Kindergarten